“Some Yoga teaches you about how your body works, this Yoga teaches you about how you work.” – Swami Radha
What kind of Yoga is this?
The yoga I offer is deeply informed by Yasodhara Ashram and the teachings of Swami Radha. The practices go beyond teaching about the body and invite the student to discover who they are. They engender confidence, awareness and a strong foundation from which to stay on and off the mat, much needed in our world today.
What will our time together be like?
This way of teaching and learning is gentle and regards the body as a place of intelligence, treating it with utmost regard. It trusts the timing and pace of the student, their consciousness and of the teachings themselves. Directions are simple and precise, making room for personal experience.
Sessions can go beyond the physical practice and also include mantra, breathing exercises, meditation instruction and other aspects of the Yogic path. If you have experience with Yoga and want to go deeper or are new to the practice and want to create a foundation, private sessions may be supportive to taking the next step.
Prices range from $60-120/session. Sessions are typically 1 hour. If you’d like to schedule shorter or longer sessions please discuss that with me.
- Introductory Class – for newcomers to the practice; set a steady foundation of understanding on which you can stand.
- Personalized Therapeutic Practice – based on your unique aspirations, body, wants and needs; develop a routine that meets you where you are and supports what you’d like to learn.
- Hidden Language Hatha Yoga – use the practice of self-reflection and the yoga postures as symbols to connect with a deep well of wisdom within.
- Stepping beyond Asana – include other aspects of the path of Yoga into what you learn – breathing exercises, meditation, reflection & more.
- Yoga & SE – incorporate the practice of SE (Somatic Experiencing); attend to inner sensations, slow things down and meet what arises in the moment.